Although Radianz® is more heat resistance than most surfaces around the home, all stone
products can be damaged by sudden and extreme temperature changes, especially near the edges.
For this reason, always use a hot pad or a trivet with rubber feet to protect Radianz®.
Radianz® is substantially harder than natural stone and is highly resistant to scratching. However, avoid damage by
refraining from using knives, screw drivers and other sharp objects directly on the surface. Never cut or chop directly
on a Radianz® surface, always use a cutting/chopping board when preparing foods.
- → Lightly scrub surface in a small circular motion with a wet sponge and an abrasive cleanser such as Soft Scrub® over stain or scratch. Darker colors tend to require more attention than lighter colors. Scrubbing too aggressively may actually reduce the gloss level.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain bleach or an abrasive formula.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain Pine Oil – without very through rinsing, these products may leave behind a stubborn residue. The pine oil will attract and holds dirt on the surface, eventually reducing the cleanliness of the surface and affecting its appearance.
- - Avoid using highly aggressive cleaning agents such as oven/grill cleaners and dishwater polishing agents that have high alkaline/pH levels (pH 8.5 or higher).
- - Avoid using abrasive scrubs and cleaners that contain either soft or hard abrasive particles.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain xylene, toluene, potassium hydroxide or caustic soda.
- - Avoid exposing Radianz® to strong chemicals such as paint removers, furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride.